Sunday, July 03, 2005

Four views from Goat Mountain


Posted by Picasa

clockwise from top left: east over the Coast Mountains; southeast, some of Vancouver; south overlooking Vancouver; westsouthwest, over the harbour, into Geaorgia Straight to the Gulf Islands and Vancouver Island. My directions are very approximate, but those of you who are familar with these views will know how to interpret them, and those of you who haven't been will just have to come and see for yourself. It's days like today that I remember how lucky I am to be in such a perfect spot on the earth; mountains, rainforest and ocean. all on our doorstep. From my house, It was about 15 minutes to the base of grouse, then a 15 minute ride up the gondola to the top and then we were off on our hike. Wow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how beautiful! It looks like you had an absolutely perfect day. Amelia looks very happy with her rock, here's hoping she's into this hiking/outdoors thing.