Monday, May 01, 2006

Pink! and Green!

I had a little shower for a dear friend who is expecting her second baby anytime in the next few weeks. I made these little bags and painted blocks with each guests initials. I felt very Martha to have this all done. I am very excited for her baby, and really can hardly wait.

I was thinking last night as I watched my two sleeping babies. I had worried while I was pregnant with Burke how my heart could stretch to hold him too. I knew it would and that i was being silly, but there it was. Of courseeverything was alright as soon as I held him. But last night it occured to me that while I have less one-on-one time with him, the time that I do have with him is not (as it was with Mia) coloured with the novelty and adjustments of being a mom too. I'm not going through an identity change at the same time this time. It also helps that he is such a calm, accepting little guy...
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful little party bags! Does the ribbon go all the way around, or is it stitched into the side seams?

I found your thoughts about being mom to a second child very interesting. I've heard about second children not getting the same attention as the first, but it's a different kind of attention. And not having all the insecurities of first-time-momhood (at least in my case) makes it a lot better!