Tuesday, September 09, 2008

homeschooling


Amelia and I (along with Burke) have started homeschooling. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings we do school. Basically we do some craft (wool felting, drawing, painting), then we pack a little snack and go outside to the park, play, eat then come back home for some other activity, then have a story then have lunch. In some ways, this is not too much different than what a regular day might look like except for the large fact of my undivided attention. She is quite enjoying it, and I think that is the underlying reason.

I had a very distracted and unorganized (even for me) summer, so I am quite glad that fall is here. Not only is it my favourite time of year in general, but I find it so much easier to have somewhat of a schedule. Now the house and the kitchen get tidied and cleaned more regularly. Before bedtime, we have a routine of cleaning up the living room and vacuuming, so now I know during the day that no matter how messy it looks right now, by the end of the night it will be something resembling clean.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are looking older and older by the day!
I was up at the Mount Currie school for a lecture the other night and there were two children sitting near us that reminded me so much of Amelia when she was young.

Anonymous said...

that was me by the way...I am not trying to be secretive - just forgot to put my name in.