Tuesday, September 05, 2006

And so it begins...

"Why Momma, why?"

"Because you're two-and-a-half."

"Why?"

"Because you've got lots of questions."

"Why?"

"Becau-u-u-use there's lots of things that you want to learn about and understand."

"Why momma?"

"Because you're a curious little girl."

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

"Oh."

This last answer was Lance's idea, and it worked the one time I tried it, so I'm going to use it sparingly so it doesn't lose potency. She just started this why on top of why yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I got chills just reading this! The "why" phase is one I really don't enjoy--I just don't talk that much, and don't like being made to. But I want to encourage curiosity and exploration, so I think about gritting my teeth and wish I could really grit them, put a smile on my face, and answer every-single-why as best as I can. But I like the "I love you" idea, I'll have to try it. My only way to get out of the never-ending cycle is to say that mommy needs some quiet time now.