Monday, April 04, 2005

Guess what-another cold

but, true to form, she's hardly letting it slow her down. I think the time change has been as rough as the cold. She had a lot of fun at daycare today. I noticed something about myself today, one of the other children also had a runny nose and when I had to wipe his nose, I was a teensy bit grossed out by it but I don't feel that way at all by Amelia's drips and drool. In fact, I just think it's cute. Gordon Neufeld (his book is called "Hold on to Your Kids") says that one of the effects of being in a healthy attachment relationship with your child is that you're able to at least overlook the less pleasant parts of parenting. (At least that's how I understood it, I don't know if I got that right, but i don't know how else to explain that I just find her drool and snot cute)(Don't get me wrong, I still don't want it on me, and I do wipe it up right away).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Amelia has a cold! I'm glad she's not too miserable. I feel the same way about other kids'...um...stuff. I have a hard time changing another kid's diaper, but Max's isn't a problem (mostly). Max's drool and snot, I don't even notice those. But on another kid, that's a different story.