Sunday, April 10, 2005

Not coping so well...

Amelia's cold developed into a sore throat and cough and after all my bragging about how good she is, the past few days she's been clingy and whiney. This is fine, it's how I deal with colds too. At night, because of the sore throat, she's needed to nurse a lot more, and has been waking up crying every hour or two. She's also been more sqirmy than usual and ends up in all sorts of positions. (her bed is butted up between ours and the wall). Well last night, she did sleep somewhat better, so I got into a deeper sleep. One of the times she did wake up, I pulled her over to nurse her back to sleep, and I couldn't figure out why she wasn't nursing and why she was hitting me so hard and why she was still crying. So I woke up more and realized that I had pulled her over to me upside-down, that is her feet were up by my head (and kicking) and I had carefully tucked her head and upper body under the covers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like sleep deprivation is running amok at your house. Poor Amelia. Poor mom and dad, too. When baby's not happy, ain't nobody happy. Sending anti-cold thoughts your way...