Sunday, May 15, 2005

Yes

Amelia has started nodding yes to almost every question I ask her, no matter what the actual answer is. It's very sweet, she stops squirming or whatever she was doing and very earnestly nods. "Are you poopy?", "Are you hungry?", "Are you thirsty?", "Shall we read that book?", and the best; "Do you want to nurse?". When she wakes up after about two hours from when she first goes to sleep in the evening, she is usually tossing around and crying, but when I ask her if she wants to nurse, she stops and nods then opens her mouth. Last night, I was in bed reading and she was asleep next to me, she woke up and just nodded. And on friday, our regular lunch date with C., we had fries. I had given Amelia a little one, we only have fries on fridays, then took one for myself. She saw me dip mine into the ketchup, so she held hers out, whined "mmm-mm" then nodded. So I dipped hers (the amount of ketchup she got was miniscule- do want sugar with your fat and salt?). Thereafter, she would just hold out her fry and nod, (she was sucking the ketchup off the fry).

Another cute story, later last night, as Lance was coming to bed, Amelia raised her head up from her bed , gave us a little look and went "phlphphph"! and layed her head back down. Message heard and understood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Enjoy the "yes" stage, it can be followed by the adamant "no" stage...