Thursday, September 29, 2005

Don't worry, Mommy


patpat Posted by Picasa

I don't know how apparent it is in this picture, but I was freaking out. Not so much at this moment, because Amelia was in mama-bear's reach, but when she started moving around. This is from last weekend. We went to visit a good friend and experience island life for a few days. He took us to see the lake that's close to his property, and the dock, well, it floats but wobbles. It kind of made me dizzy to stand on it and look around, so I sat down right away. And then I started getting nervous for Amelia. I know she was never in any more danger than getting a little wet, both our friend and Lance (and me) would've been able to grab herhad the need arose, but even more, there was always someone within inches watching her every move. So I don't know why I was so nervous other than maybe low blood sugar and mama instincts run rampant.

We had a really lovely time on the island, went for nice walks, played on the beach, ate good food and had a good visit. both Lance and I took a day or so to re-adjust to city life.

No comments: