Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fruit cakes

I love having fruit cakes at Christmas, but haven't been able to make them every year. They're a big investment in dried fruit. I use all unsulphered and unsweetened fruit (except I do use dried cranberries which are sweetened I believe, oh, and candied ginger, yum!): dates, 2 types of raisins, apricots, ginger, cranberries, and figs are the fruits that made it in this year. then I wrap them and let them soak in apricot brandy until they're mellow! I'm so happy I could make them this year. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to them! Yum yum!

Anonymous said...

Yumyumyum! They look wonderful! Candied ginger is one of my favorites, and is about the only way I made it through the morning sickness period when I was pregnant with Max. What is sulphering supposed to do for dried fruits? Is it just to keep their color?