Monday, October 17, 2005

Updates

There is some news that I haven' written about yet, and it's overdue: I'm pregnant, 22 weeks pregnant (about 4.5 months). I'm due February 24. For the record, Amelia will be 2 on Feb. 18, and I'll be 35 on Feb. 22. Busy month! I am showing now, for the people who know me, people who don't know me think that's just my shape. It is a subtle difference I guess. I notice that I've started to pooch my belly out a bit more than I would usually, and do that pregnant thing of resting my hands or arms on my belly, I think in an unconscious effort to show that that's a pregnant belly, not just a belly belly. I have been feeling movement for a few weeks now, and am over the low-level nausea that I had during the summer (yay!).

On a related subject, a one bedroom suite will no longer fit our needs. We've been accepted into a co-op and will be moving at the end of this month. The place we are moving into is a 3-floor townhouse, 2 bedrooms. Upstairs are the 2 rooms, (smallish but that's fine) and the bathroom. On the main floor is the kitchen, (with actual counterspace and cupboards and drawers) (I've been in basements with galley kitchens too long)the kichen has a hole in the wall, (I know there's a name for that, pass-through?) into the dining area. form the dining area there's one step down into the living room. there's a little covered patio off the living room, perfect for our table and BBQ, and beyon that a littl garden/yard. The yard has no grass, just west-coast rainforesty bushes surrounding a little play area. Very nice. and in the basement there is a good-sized storage area/laundry room and another large, finished all-purpose room. so there's the tour, I'm very excited. This with be the first time in about 12 years that I have lived above ground, so to speak.

On a side note, Ive turned on an anti-spamming feature on my comments. It just askes you to type the word that is pictured. I haven't been getting much spam, but still...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, February *will* be a busy month for you! Congrats! Is Amelia excited about being a big sister? Glad to hear you're getting a bigger place soon! Now if only you could wave your magic wand and you'd be moved in without having to go through all the trouble of actually moving yourself...

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that March (and April, and May...) will probably be pretty busy, too! I'm sending all best wishes to you and your little family as you get everything in place for the new arrival.

The co-op sounds perfect! We put an addition on our house while I was pregnant with Milly: it was stressful at the time, but now I wonder how we ever fit into our tiny house. It'll be nice to be settled in before the baby comes, too!

Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

That hole in the wall is called a serving hatch.