Thursday, July 06, 2006

Varekai!

We got to go see Cirque du Soleil tonight. My sister babysat and I managed to tear myself away from my children to go see the show. It is beyond words! I had seen some performances on tv and was curious to see whether it might not be better on tv because of the focus of the camera. No, it was absolutely incredible in person. Not only do you see the amazing performance but you also get to see the concentration on the spotters faces, the smiles on their faces when they finish, their arms or legs quivering as they held their weight, the little adjustments as they prepared to do a move. So worth it. Even worth being away from my almost 5 month old for 4 whole hours. I hope that if the circus comes to town again in a few years that we'll be able to take the children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky! I've always wanted to see the Cirque du Soleil, but haven't gotten to yet. I've consoled myself by thinking that they must not be that great in person, that it's just all hype, but now I can't do that anymore!