Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hormonal? Maybe? Full Moon too?

Good friends babysat Amelia tonight so that Lance and I could go see Narnia. I was already a bit weepy but thought I had it under control by the time we parked. Then, one of the (many) previews was for a Disney movie about a team of sled dogs that had to be left behind in Antarctica and who saved themselves (you can imagine the story...) (its called Eight Below). I started weeping. Back under control. Movie starts, so far so good, until the mother has to send her children away from her in war-time London. Weeping. Ok, ok. Fine for the rest of the movie. Then, as we're leaving the theatre with everybody else there's a little girl a few steps down looking back up the steps with big dark brown eyes calling "mommy". I stop where is her mommy?? Oh, there she is, ok, good. I start weeping. Walk to the car, fine. And on the car ride home, poor Lance keeps sneaking looks at me (is she ok now, how about now, will this red light set her off?)

Not much longer now, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a little teary-eyed at the Eight Below preview too. Something about being pregnant really enhances the teariness into full-blown weeping. Isn't it fun?

And your random moments: what a great quartet of pictures! I'll have to see if Max would like that eggplant & fig newton soup. It has all his favorite foods (or at least they're all foods he'll eat).

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, although for me it didn't hit until after James was born. I'd find myself having a good cry about a sappy TV commercial.

Lori