Saturday, January 07, 2006

updates

Sorry for the lack of posts or pictures! We've had a very nice season. I am so loving having a home where people can be. Where more than two people can fit in the kitchen, and not be in single file. Where people can sleep over and they can have their own room! We had some friends over for New Year's Eve and I was ready 1.5 hours before they came. The house is easier to keep tidy because the living space is just that, not also the storage space. Ahhh. Plus, we got a dishwasher!! We took advantage of a friend in town for the holidays (how's the arm C?) and did some plumbing adjustments and got the dishwasher installed. I haven't lived with a dishwasher for 13 years. WOW.

Of course, the main impetus in getting a dishwasher now is the impending expansion of our family. I'd say since mid-december I have been feeling very pregnant. I'm fairly certain I'm not any larger than I was with Amelia, but I feel like it. And this one is more active. And I've been getting heartburn, which I've never experienced before. But I also already find myself thinking of this as a new member of our family whereas during my pregnancy with Amelia, everything was abstract, and I had to constantly tell myself that there would be a baby soon.

So now Amelia and I are trying to get back into the swing of things, She's been a clingy sleeper the past few days, she doesn't sleep long If I'm not there with her. And now I have to start pulling out the baby things, getting space for them in the upstairs. 7 more weeks, but Amelia was 2 weeks early, so if you see me carrying a piano up the stairs in 5 weeks from now, don't try to help! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've only 7 weeks left! Wow! Isn't it wonderful to have a dishwasher? And room in the kitchen? I'm still working toward that living room as living room rather than storage space, but ah well. BTW, I don't know about carrying pianos...

Anonymous said...

Please put down the piano! And I totally agree about the space, and especially about the dishwasher (we got one just before baby #2 arrived, also!)--although I'm still prone to wash the dishes before loading them.

So excited for you!