Friday, January 27, 2006

nothing to do with anything

I was just listening to CBC this morning and there's an interview with Aubrey Nealon. He' has written and directed a film called A Simple Curve. about growing up with hippie, back to the land parents in the Slocan Valley in eastern BC. Molli and I are two of those children, and I am aquainted with Aubrey. I haven't seen him for 10-15 years, but I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. Molli and I didn't spend as much time in the Valley as this group of people, but the experiences he's described in the interview still resonate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting, Carabeth. I would love to read more about your childhood in the Valley, and about how it informs your own parenting, if you ever want to write about it.

As little as three more weeks til the new baby? Turn, turn, turn, little one.