Monday, January 09, 2006

a nice morning

Amelia and I had a nice morning today; I had been needing to clean the window frames in our bedroom; they were moldy and all three of us have been waking up a bit stuffed up. Amelia kept herself busy on the bed, we had little conversations about what she was doing (putting the baby to sleep, singing and reading to baby) and what I was doing (cleaning with a special cleaning toothbrush, that only Mommy and Daddy could use, not children - not Mia(her nickname for herself)). At a certain point, she decided she wanted to help, so she tottered off downstairs by herself to get one of her cloths and came back and wiped the windowsill. Very sweet. I know I'm going to have to stock up on moments like these now while it's still just the two of us, everything will be different soon, good too but different. I'm scared of the change but excited and impatient to meet our new family member!

No comments: